Monday, September 30, 2013

Play First and then Work. . .

The first day I was here, Friday, was all about getting settled in, of course. Then I had a Double Sabbath--that is to say, a Day of Rest within 90 days of rest, and that was great! I had a lazy morning and then went to a little Adventist church in North Sydney. Naturally, I was invited to dinner, and naturally they had (Adventists will get this) haystacks! LOL And they were delicious, too!

Then I went hunting for an Atlantic beach. For quite a while I thought I wouldn't find one, but I did, and it was utterly private--not another soul came during the hour and a half I was there, even though the weather was so amazing I waded! Sorry, I didn't take pictures, so I can't show you, but here are some Cape Breton beach pix, anyway:




Yes, those are my bare toes, just to prove it's possible in late September in these northern climes that are wrapped in the Gulf Stream, or the Atlantic Current, or whatever it is. This beach, however, was all rocks. No Hawaii-like sand here.

Sunday I settled down to begin work. Spent the morning slaving over a bunch of stuff which I threw away in the afternoon and did all over again. . . Such is the life of the writer!

No comments: