Sunday, April 16, 2006

Transplant, Final Chapter

Every week since we had had our surgeries, we heart patients all gathered in the throne room of God to sing His praises with the angels, and thank Him for making us new. We drank the water of life, and washed our robes in the purity provided by the sacrifice the Son had made for us. We always left feeling completely refilled with joy and life and peace.
One day, after one of these meetings, I looked at Jesus and saw that He was gazing at something far away. His face, instead of reflecting joy, was wet with tears. Surprised, I went closer to Him, and followed His gaze. Far away, I saw the black fog that covered the pits of hell. I shivered.
"Can't you hear them?" Jesus whispered.
Straining my ears, I finally heard what He heard, weeping and hopeless sobbing. I remembered what that felt like, and tears came to me, too. I glanced behind me at the crowd of singing heart patients and thought, Those poor hurting people could be here with us.
"Will you go?" asked Jesus quietly.
I squeezed my eyes shut. "I'm afraid."
"I know, but I will be with you."
"Lord," I said hesitantly, "Forgive me, but. . . You were with me last time, and I was still scared, and it still hurt."
"Yes," was all He answered.
I sighed. "Will You hold my hand?"
Looking up, I saw His smile was back
"What a silly question! So. . . will you go with Me?"
I folded my hand inside His. "Okay," I said.
I have a feeling. There is at least one thing I have caught onto, in all these years.
I don't think the story is over.

The End

Tomorrow, for those who are interested, I will post the Bible passages that go with Transplant, along with some thought questions. If you wish to purchase a copy of the booklet, contact me. Remember, this is copyrighted material and may not be copied or published in any manner without permission from me.

Happy Easter! May the Dayspring from on high rise in your hearts and repair all your breaches!
Debbonnaire

No comments: