Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Transplant, Chapter Two

. . . He scooped me up in His powerful arms and carried me away with Him.
He carried me to heaven. To heaven! Right into His holy Father's presence. I hid my still-crying eyes in His shoulder against the blinding light, but Jesus set me down, and I stood there trembling. Angels hurried toward us, and when I sneaked glances at their faces, instead of seeing the disgust I expected, I saw such shining joy that I was blinded again.
The Holy Spirit wrapped me in arms of tenderness and peace, like the love of a thousand mothers in one Being, and between them, Father, Son, and Spirit took away my putrefying rags and burned them.
A stream of water like melted diamonds rushed and flashed from the mighty throne, and They immersed me in it, scrubbing with tender but thorough hands. I watched as the accumulated filth and crust flowed away from me and was lost forevcer. I was taken out of the water, dried in life-giving light and warmth, and dressed in a white robe that I fingered in awe. Soft as satin, thick as wool, light as. . . light! The same thing Jesus was wearing, in fact.
Then They made me drink from the water, too, glass after sparkling glass, until I felt the bubble and flash of new life flowing through every vein and capillary. Standing once more before the Father - before my Father - I wondered, was this really me? Would I wake up and find it was only a delusion?
Nervously, I looked around, and for the first time, saw clearly the faces of those who surrounded me. Every face was wreathed in smiles of delight and joy and love. The angels wrapped themselves in their wings and bowed before the throne, and I bowed with them. Then they burst into songs of praise, and through new tears, I sang too.
It was true! This was the real, new me!
I thought the story was over.

To be continued

Repairing the Breach,
Debbonnaire

No comments: